Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Trail Half Marathon!

After raising $400 for Relay For Life I began searching for another half marathon to sign up for. I was seriously considering the Seattle Half Marathon but the starting time for it is 7:30 a.m.! That would mean I would have to wake up before 5, drive and hour and a half and then find the energy to run...no thanks. After some more searching I found a race that caught my attention. It was the Lake Padden Trail Half. Trail running has always been something I knew I would like to try but never have. After considering the pros and cons of signing up for a race like this I decided that it is definitely something that I can do and I will gain a new running perspective.


I am now signed up for my very first trail half marathon! Lake Padden is located just outside of Bellingham, Washington which is very close to where I live. This will make arriving there awake and ready rather than exhausted much easier! I am excited to train for it and to gain new running experience! The race is on October 19th which is about 3 weeks after my Bellingham Bay Half Marathon. This will be perfect timing as I will have enough time to recover and not enough time to lose all the hard work put in while training for it!
I am proud to say that my Relay for Life team raised over $7,000! Our final total will be higher as there are some employers that haven't put in their matching funds yet! People can also still donate to our 2013 team up until the end of august. Feel free to donate and make me run! $200 more and I will sign up for a third half marathon!


I want to thank all of my donors and supporters! Because of you we were able to help current and future cancer patients. We helped to give hope to those who need it more that anything and that is something you should all be proud of!




No comments:

Post a Comment